Weekend & Dilemma

Hey Everyone!

This weekend was fun. Friday and Saturday I was put in charge of watching my parents dogs while they were out of town. They took a nice trip to Pittsburgh and seemed to have a nice time.

Saturday was rather boring and not very productive. The weather was getting better but it was still to crappy to go do anything. We stayed in and had a nice relaxing day.

Sunday my wife’s mother and grandparents came for a visit. It was her grandpa’s birthday and today is her grandmother’s birthday. We celebrated by going to Applebees for lunch/dinner. While we were waiting for our food to arrive Everett was able to get his first taste of lemon. It was quite funny, and luckily I was able to get it recorded for your enjoyment!

He ended up gnawing on that for about 10 minutes once he got used to it haha. Afterwards we headed back to our hose and had some cheese cake.


There is the birthday duo!

My wife and I have also found ourselves in a bit of a situation. She currently doesn’t like her job and wants to pursueΒ  her photography. I am happy to be working in IT in most any fashion, so long as it provides a stable income. Our current living arrangement would not allow for her to leave her job and pursue this dream. My salary alone could not afford our current living arrangement. So there in lies our issue. For her to be able to do what she would love to do something has to change. Her grandfather has offered us a few acres of land, that we could have, and we could build on that land. The catch is, is that it is in the middle of no where, where we lived before (about 1.5 hours away) I would have to find another job and leave the very stable one I have now. I would want another job where I can still afford everything I normally do, and maybe more now that I have a few years under my belt. She may be able to continue her current job until we can finish putting a house down, then pursue her photography. We would save money on a smaller house, but have the style we want. We would save again because her mom would watch our kid for free. We also would have total freedom of that land and wouldn’t have terrible neighbors as well! πŸ˜€ (big bonus)Β  It would just be a matter of everything lining up and pulling the trigger. To be honest it scare me a lot because I have grown to like to current situation and security within my job. To leave that worries me. I want to make sure I still can save money for retirement and for Everett. I don’t know if any of this will happen, but I do know we like that area better, and would be happier there. This one is tough. :/

That is all for my update. I hope you all had a great weekend! I’ll see you tomorrow! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€


PS. Almost forgot, Everett is 8 months old today! woo


10 thoughts on “Weekend & Dilemma”

  1. It’s nice to have options. I’m sure you and your wife would sense the direction as you go. My big philosophy is not to take my step off of a sure footing until the next step is somewhat clear unless I don’t have a choice. Good luck with your decision!!

    Liked by 1 person

  2. Very cute baby video!

    I will be interested in learning what your decisions are regarding a possible move. I’m guessing at this point (and me catching up backwards) that you will take time to think this through.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s