We Made It to Friday!

Hey Everyone!

Back again with another daily life post. Here comes the weekend yet again. Lets see, what do I have planned? Well, today my wife’s Dad, an his girlfriend are coming down to see our baby. I’m not sure if they are bringing their baby or not. I’m not sure how long they will stay. I doubt I’ll even see them before I get home from work.

Oh backtrack to last night. I met my co-worker after work and swapped out the tires on his old truck to mine. They are a bit bigger and makes the little Chevy S-10 feel a bit more like a truck. On the down side as we were swapping them out, my dad text me asking if we could swap vehicles haha. I never got to enjoy the bigger tires fully before trading vehicles for good. 😦 It was a bit of a sad moment. We swapped so I could have back seats for the baby, and he needed something to pull a small trailer and a 4-wheeler, so it made sense. Don’t get me wrong I also love having a car. It is a 2010 Ford Fusion. It is a big change from what I am used to but It is great. I feel confident that we can take family trips with it and have more room than if we had taken my wife’s compact SUV.

On to the weekend!I think we are getting back into the swing of things with the cabin build Saturday. We took some time off due to weather, my brother’s wedding, and us having a kid. But it is now time to get cracking on it again. As we progress I’ll be sure to take more pictures. It will be super awesome to finally get it done and camp out in it. We have wanted a place ever since my parents sold our old camp. To know we built this cabin with out own hands is an unreal experience. Lets just hope it doesn’t fall down for the same reasons haha. If it comes out looking remotely close to how we thought it would that counts as a win in my book.

Some time this weekend I should have an estimate on custom bookcases for my attic. I found a guy who would do it for me, and hes really good. His work looks amazing, and I think his price point won’t be able to be beat. Once that room starts coming along I’ll share more about that as well.

Sunday we will have a couple softballs games, I’m hoping in the morning. The forecast is calling for good weather, so I hope to have my wife and baby boy come down together. The fields are located on the sides of an old air port landing strip. This means that it is a giant parking lot. If he gets fussy or she gets antsy they can go for a walk. I hope my brother’s wife and baby will be there too. I’m not sure who we play this week or what type of games we will be in for but we will do our best and that’s enough for me.

The baby is sleeping a lot during the day and staying up a bit more than we would like at night. We are working on getting a routine put in place to get him to sleep better during the night. If you have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. 😀 Hes not very fussy normally, but he has his moments, who doesn’t. Everything else with him is going well and we can’t be more pleased. Next weekend we will try going to my work’s company picnic. It will be the first real test of travel and public places. Fingers crossed.

I hope you all have a great weekend, and I’ll do the same. I’ll see you all again Monday, well unless I decided to go to my mom’s cousins funeral that day. Then see ya Tuesday! 😀 😀


7 thoughts on “We Made It to Friday!”

  1. Sounds like a busy life, being a new Dad and doing all that other stuff. Hope the baby is sleepign better at nights now. That can be hard if you lose too much sleep yourself. But they do get into a routine eventually 🙂 Wish you all the very best – your cabin siounds awesome. Oh, and thanks so much for the follow

    Liked by 1 person

    1. It is pretty busy, but in the moments I only think of the tasks at hand. Looking back on it all it seems like a crazy amount haha. He’s working on the sleep thing, but we will get there. The cabin floor is almost done no, then it will be on to the walls.

      Liked by 1 person

  2. It sounds like you are doing everything right with the baby. He will get into a routine. One think that I always did with mine when they were that little was even if they were sleeping in the day time, I would wake them up every couple of hours to change them and feed them. I found if I did this throughout the day, they slept better at night. There still will be sometimes when he won’t sleep at night, but if you can get him to even sleep 5 or 6 hours at a time at night that will be a big improvement.

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s