Last night I brought my parents over to see our new house. I think they really like it. I talked to them about some of the things I would like to get done and they seem to be on board with helping out where and when they can. My brother got a hold of me today and said that he was free all day and that if we needed anything moved in during the day that he could do it. I let him know that he could move somethings into the garage if he was inclined to do so.
We got an estimate for a fence to be installed and it is much higher than I thought it would be and I’m not sure why. It is a small yard, and we wanted the remaining 3 sides done and a couple gates and they want $3500.00. There is no way in hell I’m paying to have that done. The supplies alone should only cost $500. That is called trying to take advantage of someone and I’m not a fan. We are now stuck with the option to wait and find a temporary fix, bite the bullet and do it (which I won’t), or buy the parts and do it ourselves. The only problem with doing it ourselves is that the weather up north here is getting worse by the day. We currently have snow on the ground and pretty cold days. We are working in a time frame, because the ground isn’t frozen yet so we could get this done if we hurry up. I don’t know, I’m very lost at this point on what I should do.
If we can make a decision by tonight, and find out that we aren’t spending a butt load of money then I want to go out to Lowes and buy other supplies. I have a couple spots of drywall to touch up and we need things for this winter like shovels, salt, and a nice garbage can. I also need a few GFCI outlets for a few non grounded outlets in the house. I may also need a few light bulbs. My wife will later want some paint. She wants to have the kitchen, 3 bed rooms, and the hallway painted before we move in fully. That makes sense to me.
I’ll be sure to keep you all up to date on the progress. Until tomorrow! 😀 😀