Oh Boy! Busy Busy

Well first off I hope you all had a great weekend and a good Memorial Day.

It seems like such a long time since my last post. Friday I did sub in on my brother’s slow pitch softball team. They asked me to pitch and I said yes. This was the first time I had ever pitched a full game in my life so I was a bit nervous. Once it started the nerves were gone. I actually did really well, despite the fact that we lost by 7 runs. I set a few goals for myself and achieved them. I was going to try not to get in the way and I didn’t. I was going to try not breaking my face, and I didn’t. And lastly I was going to try not walking any one batter, which I didn’t. I would say that would be a win for me, so I was happy.

Saturday was My grandfathers 80th birthday party, out on the lake. I was very humid and warm, but fun. Most of my family was there and we all caught up on life events and played a few yard games. My grandpa’s old foreign exchange student from 1995-ish came from Germany to surprise him. That is pretty remarkable. They have gone to see him in Germany a few times as well, but this was a very nice surprise. I was 7 the last time I saw him. Throughout the day they pulled names for an auction of little goodies, my brother got a basket of fireworks. We later took my wife’s drone out to the beach and filmed some seagulls, and just generally practiced how to fly it some more. After the party we were hungry for some dinner and went to a nice Japanese steakhouse. It was the first time either of us had been there, but the food and service was great, so overall another good experience. From there we headed home. About halfway there it started storming pretty good. We of course got caught in the middle of it. I really enjoy storms but my wife does not share that same opinion. So while I’m loving it and soaking it all in, she is over there worried that we are going to get stuck by lightning and die. We made it home just fine and that was that.

Sunday morning was again an early day. I had to get up and go to my softball games. We had one at 9am and another one at 11:30am. To be honest after everything in the last two days I was not ready to play. Our whole team kinda wasn’t feeling it the first game and we got ten runned by a team we should have hung with or beat. the second game started off the same way, which gets very discouraging. We did manage to hang with them for most of the game even though we were getting beat. In the last three innings we just shut them down. They couldn’t score a run. We on the other hand scored a good amount, to catch up. We beat them in the bottom of the very last inning with a walk off, opposite field single. It was amazing we didn’t think we would win that game either.

Monday was Memorial Day and my wife and I went kayaking down the creek behind my house. It was a good two hour float. We even had the opportunity to see an eagle fly over head and perch on a branch right over our heads. They are very majestic and you have to do the best you can to respect their space. Plus those suckers are huge so you don’t want to piss them off. After we got back, and cleaned up we went to my brother’s hose fr a picnic. Still being super hot and humid we put up a small tarp pavilion to keep the heat out. It was a good way to spend the day. We then went home and went to bed early since I had to be to work this morning at 6am.

This morning was a whole different beast. I got to work to find that the tractor feed printer tied to our network was hung up and not working. I had no idea what to do since it isn’t normally my area of expertise. By the time we gt everything working it was an hour later. Everything was behind and I was scrambling to get everything out to everyone in a timely manner. There obviously were a few hiccups along the way but for the most part I just powered through them. I still have a bit left to do but decided to type this up so I didn’t have to do it from home later. All that being said, tomorrow should be a cake walk compared to today. That I am looking forward to.

Ill keep you posted! 😀



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s